Marriage Solemnization in Kuwait: A Comprehensive Guide for Filipino Couples

Spread the love

The Philippine Embassy in Kuwait authorizes its Consular Officer to solemnize marriages between Filipino citizens according to Philippine laws. The ceremony typically occurs within the embassy or consulate premises.

Marriage Solemnization Procedure:

marriage solemnization procedure
  1. Appointment Setup: Begin by booking an appointment via email at
  2. Submit Application: Both parties must be physically present at the Embassy to apply for a marriage license and Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage (LCCM). All original PSA documents will be retained by the Embassy.
  3. Publication of Marriage Application: The marriage license application will be posted or published for ten consecutive days before issuance.
  4. Issuance of LCCM & Marriage License: The Embassy will issue the LCCM and a marriage license valid for 120 days.
  5. Marriage Solemnization: Coordinate with the Civil Registry Section for the date and time of marriage solemnization, providing witness information.
  6. Get PSA-authenticated Marriage Certificate: Request a copy from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) online.


  1. Marriage License Application Form: Accomplish four copies signed in front of a Consular Officer.
  2. Birth Certificate: Submit original PSA birth certificates with Apostille from the DFA.
  3. Philippine Passport: Provide photocopies of valid Philippine Passports.
  4. Proof of Filipino Citizenship: Submit copies of relevant documents such as valid visas, residency cards, work permits, or Dual Citizenship Identification Certificate.
  5. Photos: Submit two passport-sized colored photos per party.
  6. Fees: Marriage License (US$25.00) and Solemnization Fee (US$60.00).

Additional Requirements Based on Circumstances:

  • Single: Provide a Certificate of No Marriage Record (CENOMAR) issued by PSA.
  • Widow/Widower: Include the Death Certificate of the previous spouse.
  • Annulled Marriage: Submit PSA Marriage Certificate with annotation on dissolution of marriage and related court documents.
  • Recognized Foreign Divorce: Provide documents from the Philippine court recognizing the foreign divorce.
  • Age 18-21: Include an Affidavit of Parental Consent.
  • Age 22-25: Provide an Affidavit of Parental Advice.

For further inquiries, contact the Civil Registration section at or visit Philippine Embassy in Kuwait.

Where can I process the report of marriage in Kuwait?

If you’re a Filipino currently residing in Kuwait and would like to process a report of marriage, you can do so by visiting the Philippine EmbassyThey can assist you with the necessary steps and guidelines1.
Address: Block 6, Villa 153 Nouman Bin Basher St. corner Damascus St. Faiha, State of Kuwait
Office Hours: Sunday to Thursday, 8:00 am – 2:00 pm (Except Holidays)
Telephone No.: (+965) 2252-8422; 2251-1806
Hotline Number: (+965) – 5595-2909
Fax No.: (+965) 2251-1805
For more information, you can visit the Philippine Embassy Kuwait website or email them at

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *